Michigan Winter Beer Festival Postponed for this Weekend
This weekend’s Michigan Winter Beer Festival at Fifth Third Ballpark has been postponed due to flooding. The event has been moved to next weekend, Friday, March 2nd and Saturday, March 3rd. All tickets already purchased will be honored on the respective Friday and Saturday of the new weekend.
After meeting with the Whitecaps staff and taking into consideration information provided by the National Weather Service and the Kent County Emergency Management, the Michigan Brewers Guild Board of Directors has decided to take the cautious approach and postpone the festival by a week to allow the Grand River to drop below the flood stage.
The Grand River is expected to crest its 18-foot flood stage on Friday afternoon and rise as much as three feet above that over the weekend. The Sheriff’s Department has issued Flood Warnings for the section of the Grand River alongside Fifth Third Ballpark until Tuesday, February 27.
Over 9,000 tickets have been sold for the festival, with a “Sell Out” status for Saturday at 6440. Friday tickets are still available for purchase for $45 in advance or $50 at the event at the main Whitecaps ticket office.
At this point, the Guild expects most of the 142-member breweries to participate in the rescheduled dates and the event to run the same as previously planned.