Fifth Third Financial Empowerment Mobile Rolls Into Grand Rapids
The Fifth Third Bank Financial Empowerment Mobile, the eBus, will be in Grand Rapids at two locations this week, on Thursday June 16 and Friday June 17. Fifth Third’s eBus is open to the community.
What’s the eBus? Well, you climb on the 40-foot bus, retro-fitted as a mobile classroom, equipped with 14 personal computers and satellite technology. It is staffed by Fifth Third bankers and representatives from nonprofit community organizations. Once onboard, visitors can do a variety of things:
- Request a FREE credit report and review it with a professional
- Receive a FREE personalized evaluation of finances
- Receive a FREE consultation on foreclosure prevention
- FREE review of employment opportunities and resources through NextJob
- Speak with nonprofit organizations for FREE regarding housing, money management and business advice
The June 16 event will be held at Campau Commons (821 Division Ave, Grand Rapids) from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. and will include topics such as: Introduction to Home Ownership, Affordable Mortgage Options, Understanding Your Credit, and Investing in Your Future.
The June 17 event will be held at Habitat For Humanity Kent County (425 Pleasant Street SW, Grand Rapids) from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. and will cover topics including: Rebuilding Your Credit, Affordable Home Repair, and The Home Ownership Process.
Region President Tom Welch said in a release, “We are committed to empowering our community through financial education. The eBus allows us to serve people where they live and work, and provide the knowledge and tools to help take control of their financial futures.