Downtown Grand Rapids Roads Closing for the Fifth Third River Bank Run May 14
The Fifth Third River Bank Run is next Saturday morning, May 14.
Whether you’re running, watching or completely oblivious and just trying to navigate downtown Grand Rapids, you’ll want to know which roads will be closed and when.
Friday, May 13
- Monroe Center, between Monroe and Ottawa
- Ottawa, from Michigan to Pearl
Saturday, May 14
- Ottawa, between Pearl and Fulton
- Monroe, between Michigan and Fulton
- Louis, between Monroe and Ottawa
- US-131 at Pearl NB/SB rams will be closed until 9:30 a.m.
- US-131 at Market NB/SB rams will be closed until 9:00 a.m.
- I-196 at Market EB/WB rams closed until 9:15 a.m.
6:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Mt. Vernon between Fulton and Front
- Front between Mr. Vernon and Pearl
- Pearl between Front and Scribner
- Scribner between Pearl and 6th
- 6th/Newberry between Scribner and Ionia
- Ionia between Monroe Center and Newberry
- Fulton between Monroe and Mr. Vernon
- Monroe Center between Ottawa and Ionia
7:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Marion between Butterworth and Park
- Park between Marion and John Ball Park
- John Ball Park between park and Fulton
- Fulton between Valley and Garfield
- Garfield between Fulton and Lake Michigan Dr.
- Lake Michigan Drive between Garfield and Winter
- Winter between Lake MI Drive and Fulton
- Fulton between Winter and Ottawa
7:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Wilson (one lane) between Indian Mounds Drive and Butterworth
- Butterworth between Wilson and Veteran’s Memorial Drive
- Veteran’s Memorial Dr. between Butterworth and Maynard
- Maynard between Veteran’s Memorial Dr. and Butterworth
- Butterworth between Maynard and Marion
- Indian Mounds Drive between Market and Wilson
7:45 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Front between Watson and Butterworth
- Watson between Mr. Vernon and Front
- Mt. Vernon between Fulton and Watson
- Butterworth between Front and Marion
- Market between Fulton and Indian Mounds Dr.
The Grand Rapids Police Department will be available in and around the area to assist anyone who may need to travel across any of the impacted streets.
Streets will reopen to traffic after the event participants have cleared the area.